Search This Blog

Sunday, April 8, 2018

Continue the Work


As a precursor and explanation, I had the wonderful privilege of leading a Girls Bible class at school for a brief season. It was wonderfully purposeful in so many ways but I very much have too much on my plate and it had to be a short season. I invested so many hours into prayer and prep for that class that when it was done, I thought I would feel a sense of relief but I didn’t expect the feeling of loss and the battle that would follow. I went from drowning in the midst of the season to wondering what the value was in even swimming after it. This piece is me preaching to myself. The job is not done. The Christian life is one meant to be lived out and not simply talked about. May we walk worthy.



Continue the Work

I come to Your feet

Desperate and needy

Lord, oh Lord,

Why am I so greedy?



I say it’s for You

Still I look for the glory

But it’s not my life but Yours

That can change their life story.



Help me, humble me,

Break me if You need,

But from this spiral of pride

I long to be freed.



When in moments I can’t speak,

Let my life be the light

But not by my own accord

But because I attempt to walk by faith and not by sight.



Lead me, guide me,

Please use me as You will.

Please take away my people pleasing ways

And may I only seek Your will.



My role may have changed

But I still get a part

So continue the work You have started, Lord,

Continue to draw in and shape their heart. 



Joy Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback so feel free to leave your thoughts! You can select "Name/URL" if you just want to leave a comment with your name. Thanks for stopping in!