Search This Blog

Monday, February 10, 2014

Whose Faith Follow

Hebrews 13:7 NKJV
Remember those who rule over you, who have spoken the word of God to you, whose faith follow, considering the outcome of their conduct.”

Whose faith do you follow?  For the disciples, they were led directly by the life of Jesus, Himself.  Today we have the Word of God and for those who have believed, we have the Holy Spirit living inside to instruct and guide and we do in a very real sense, make our faith our own.  But hopefully, many of us also have those role models in our lives that we can look up to, learn from and can follow.  In 1 Corinthians 11:1, Paul tells his followers to “Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ.”  Philippians 3:17 says “Brethren, join in following my example, and note those who so walk, as you have us for a pattern.”

I am thankful for the many figures throughout my life that have poured into me the Word of God, shared with me their life lessons, and have pointed me in Truth often without even having to say a word.  It starts at the top with my family and then builds from there with the church body and friends.  I could list off a number of women, specifically, that I look up to and learn from.  Some of them are closer to me than others.  Some of them, I have been extremely blessed to build a strong bond of friendship with and am able to be transparent with in order to learn and grow in a deep and intimate way to depend on Christ.  Some of them are simply great examples to me of what a woman of God is and testify of God’s work though their words, deeds, actions and reactions especially.  One does not have to pull someone aside for an intended purpose just to teach them life.  To see how these women face adversity, respond to situations and persistently trust God even when the path is unclear….their teaching speaks volumes to my young heart that seeks to learn and grow and become more of the woman of God, that He has called me to be.

So whose faith do you follow?

And secondly, is your faith one that others should follow? 

As a Christian school educator and long time camp staffer, I have had years of interaction with youth.  I have sought to be an example not just in the sharing of God’s Word, but even more so in living it for them.  I have tried to be transparent enough that they see that the journey is not always easy but pray that they also see that they journey is totally worth it.  My teens are watching and taking note of how faith works out practically and if it is something worth experiencing and imitating in their own lives.  That responsibility is not one I take lightly.

I can’t say I follow Christ perfectly in my life, but I am willing to walk with you so we can do it together.  Thank you to those ahead of me, whose faith I follow.  Thank you to those beside me, who walk alongside as we stride to be more like Him daily.  I pray for those who may follow me, that I may be faithful in my walk and in pointing them to Christ and not I (Galatians 2:20). 

The truth is we are all role model ………..so who/what are we leading others to?






Until next time,
In Christ,
Joy Lynn

1 comment:

  1. Galatians 2:20 was one of my memory verses for last week! When I saw it on here, I said it out loud and then got my verse book to double check ;) I too am so thankful for those who paved the way of Christ in my life and gave me a faith to follow.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and feedback so feel free to leave your thoughts! You can select "Name/URL" if you just want to leave a comment with your name. Thanks for stopping in!