Search This Blog

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Please Don't Go

Stop right there, 
Please take a breath,
I know this road is hard
But don’t let it lead to death…

You’ve got people right here,
Standing by your side,
Please let us in the walls,
I know you’re trying to hide.

These demons aren’t new,
I’ve been there too,
But try to dismiss the lies,
And cling to what is True.

You are made in God’s image
And utterly adored,
If we understood even a bit of God’s love,
We’d be totally floored. 

So please, I beg you,
Please don’t go this way,
I know you won’t believe me,
But it’s best for the world if you stay

Can we get through this together?
Would that be okay…
If you and I were buddies
Who pressed each other forward each day?

For we all need friendship,
Love and forgiveness displayed,
That when the storms raged and the waves got high,
When the world seemingly left, someone stayed.  

Let’s press onward and forward,
Let’s together look God’s way,
For though this broken road is hard,
He walks it with us every day.  

Joy Lynn

2 comments:

I love comments and feedback so feel free to leave your thoughts! You can select "Name/URL" if you just want to leave a comment with your name. Thanks for stopping in!