Search This Blog

Monday, October 20, 2014

Give Thanks In All (1 Thessalonians 5:18)

Give thanks in all, but what does that mean?
Sit back and pretend everything is serene?
I take in the view; don’t like what I see,
Show me You’re in this, I humbly plea,
For the world has gone crazy and people are lazy,
The outlook for the future, is at best, hazy.
So show me Your glory, that You’re in on this story,
Though the devil’s at work now, he’ll soon be sorry. (Said like a Canadian to keep with the rhyme scheme)
So with hands to the plow, keep my eyes fixed now,
Though I can’t see the end to this, in surrender I bow;
Knowing that You hold tomorrow, worry's not something to borrow,
I can trust You with today, in both joy and in sorrow.
So I praise You in this storm like it’s the norm,

Because it’s through grace like rain that You transform.

Joy Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback so feel free to leave your thoughts! You can select "Name/URL" if you just want to leave a comment with your name. Thanks for stopping in!