Search This Blog

Monday, August 3, 2015

A Journey by Foot (pictures included)

Many of you know that I had foot surgery back on June 26th to remove several plantar warts from my heel.  Some may be curious to see a few pictures pre and post surgery but don't want to ask, so this is how I have decided to share them as I don't want to scar anybody by simply posting it on facebook without the possibility of it being unseen.  It's not terribly gruesome I think.  I will post three pictures with plenty of space between so you can stop where you'd like.

The first one will be a few days prior to surgery.  Over months, one wart turned into a dozen but up until I saw a podiatrist early in June, I simply thought I had one wart and a huge callus building around it.  Silly me....hence the need to take care of the warts quickly as they were spreading rapidly.  

The second one will be what it looks like now so you can see how much it's healed up in the last month and change.  The new skin still feels tender but I am also trying not to baby it too much.  The last of the open wound drainage finished Wednesday, July 29th so it took a while for that skin to form completely.  Since then, I've gone down from lots of bandage and padding to nothing at all on my foot.  We'll see what my doctor thinks of that tomorrow...  :-X

The last picture will be of my foot the day after surgery.  It is the most gruesome of them all so I am saving it for last so you can skip it if you don't want to see.  I find it interesting to look at though because it's crazy to know how much that part of my heel has healed over time.  God is good and restorative in both physical aspects as well as spiritual ones.  Anyway here we go.....















June 19th, 2015



































August 3rd, 2015
That white speck in what I call the "dime" is just the glare from the light, so no worries there.  





























Lastly, June 27th, 2015, the day after surgery and the first time I had seen my foot.








So yeah, that's three time period snap shots of the journey so far.  I took a picture almost every day since surgery and that's fun to flip through and see how much it's changed and healed day by day.  

I can walk normally on it though the more I walk in a day, the more it feels tender over time.  I can run short distances on it but I haven't tested it with lengthier adventures just because I am not sure what I would do if that fragile layer of skin tore.  But day by day, it's getting better, the future is looking brighter and school is moving every closer....so I better get  back in gear!  

Thanks for those who prayed me through the journey!  I appreciate you muchly!  

Until next time,
Joy









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback so feel free to leave your thoughts! You can select "Name/URL" if you just want to leave a comment with your name. Thanks for stopping in!