Search This Blog

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Mountain High


I sit under the gazebo,
Way up on the mountain top,
I take in the view,
The crisp fresh air,
And wish time would just stop.

I know this won’t last forever,
I’d be lucky to stay a few more days,
For with depression etched in my veins,
The valley is more often my home,
Wandering through an endless maze.

But in the valley You are there,
With every turn and hidden snare,
You never left me, always near,
And when I do begin to fear,
I still remain within Your care.

So whether mountain high or valley low,
May I find myself knowing peace,
Because I never lost hope,
Have experienced joy in faith,
And know the promises of Your love never cease. 



Joy Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback so feel free to leave your thoughts! You can select "Name/URL" if you just want to leave a comment with your name. Thanks for stopping in!