Search This Blog

Saturday, January 13, 2018

With the Closing of a Chapter- A Brand New Scene for You and for Me


It’s been a while since you crossed my mind,

I used to think about you all the time,

Imagine what could have been,

Before that chapter hit an abrupt end. 



We talked for hours,

Shared our hearts,

Imagined what life would be like

If we lived closer rather than apart.



Then it came to fruition,

What a transition.

But I gave you the cold shoulder and dragged my feet

That summer ended in total defeat. 



It’s no wonder you quickly moved on,

She was ready and I was not,

So came the end of our song,

But the beat still goes on...



Because ultimately the closing of that chapter,

Led to the writing of something new,

A bold new path,

For me and for you. 



So it wasn’t meant to be,

And though I sometimes wonder if I missed my chance,

You probably look back and see,

That the end of that chapter was the transitioning scene to your fulfilling romance. 



With every closing of a chapter,

God’s in it still,

To lead and to guide,

And to do His will. 



So may I not regret and question the past,

For it’s led me to paths I never dreamed,

And though it didn’t go as I had once imagined,

It is still a story in which God continues to guide and redeem. 



Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback so feel free to leave your thoughts! You can select "Name/URL" if you just want to leave a comment with your name. Thanks for stopping in!