Search This Blog

Saturday, August 31, 2019

Til we Reach that Golden Shore


This pressure in my chest,

Suppressed breath inside my lungs,

My heart aches watching them hurting,

I lift them up to God, above…



For I cannot remove their burden,

I can’t take away their pain,

I wish they wouldn’t feel lonely,

I wish they wouldn’t feel shame.



I can’t even promise “it’ll be okay,”

I can’t say “it’ll be over in time,”

Because this world we live on is a broken place,

And not everything gets better in our lifetime.



May we lift our eyes to Someone greater,

To the Creator of space and time,

Who lived, loved, suffered and died,

Body broken in order to bring wholeness to our lives.



Father, be their Refuge,

An anchor in the storm,

Hold them while they are crying,

Til we reach that golden shore. 

-Joy Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback so feel free to leave your thoughts! You can select "Name/URL" if you just want to leave a comment with your name. Thanks for stopping in!