Search This Blog

Monday, September 2, 2019

For The Times We Feel Weak


“Hey, long time no see,

It’s been a little bit since we met in my dreams,

But why are we here?

On the old high bridge?

It’s a nice view,

But when is the next train coming through?”



Traffic is slowing,

Blue lights swirl under toe,

A crowd is forming and facebook is buzzing,

Everyone throwing in their two cents,

Some scream “Just jump already!”

Or “please safely come down to the ground where it’s steady.” 



I sit down beside you,

Arm in arm,

Trying not to raise an alarm,

“Please talk to me and share your burden,

I can’t promise it’ll make everything light,

But I sure don’t wish for you to take flight.”



You can make it,

You’re not alone,

I can’t give you a solution,

But I know God sits on the throne,

So we wait and we trust and we pray and we seek,

And we lean on Him and others in these times we feel weak.

-Joy Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback so feel free to leave your thoughts! You can select "Name/URL" if you just want to leave a comment with your name. Thanks for stopping in!