Search This Blog

Sunday, September 8, 2019

Depend on You


What is my role here?

Do I belong?

Will I ever get used to this,

Or is it time to say “so long”?



I pour in my heart,

I pour out my soul,

I’ve invested countless hours,

God, it’s taking its toll.



But I know You’re in this,

Your work here is not done,

Though Your hand at work is often unseen,

It is still drawing them to Your Son.



So as many days as you gift me,

May I come to depend on You alone.

I pray earnestly that they will choose to follow You,

And will try to lay my burdens at the foot of Your throne. 



-Joy Lynn



“Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.” Hebrews 4:16

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback so feel free to leave your thoughts! You can select "Name/URL" if you just want to leave a comment with your name. Thanks for stopping in!