Search This Blog

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Are you just a mist or will your presence for the Lord be missed?

Psalm 39: 4-7 reads:

Lord, make me to know my end,
And what is the measure of my days,
That I may know how frail I am.
Indeed, You have made my days as handbreadths,
And my age is as nothing before You;
Certainly every man at his best state is but vapor. Selah
Surely every man walks about like a shadow;
Surely they busy themselves in vain;
He heaps up riches,
And does not know who will gather them.
And now, Lord, what do I wait for?
My hope is in You.”



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vapor and Dust


Life is just a dash

Carved out in a stone.

You only live once, they say,

And every man dies alone.


I am a vapor,

Just dust in the wind,

Here for a moment

And gone again.


What will I live for?

How much will I give?

Who am I representing?

Is it for Christ that I live?


I only have this moment,

I can’t take back the past.

Lord, help me abide in You today,

For only what’s done for You will last.






Until next time,

In Christ,

Joy Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback so feel free to leave your thoughts! You can select "Name/URL" if you just want to leave a comment with your name. Thanks for stopping in!