Search This Blog

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Clay in Your Hands I Will Be

Out of the dust You made me,

You breathed in me the breathe of life, (Genesis 2:7)

I was made to worship thee,

You as my husband, and I as Your wife.  (Hosea 2:16)


But You weren’t enough,

I simply needed more!

True happiness is found in stuff...

Like money, diamonds and men galore.


You watched me go and shook Your head,

“She’ll soon see in time,

Purpose is not found in the life she led,

But from I, Who lives inside.”


I was left broken and alone,

There’s no place left to go!

I have nothing to call my own,

And I sulk deeper in my pit of woe.


But in that miry clay You found me, (Psalm 40:2)

With darkness surrounding.

From my sin, I am now free,

And Your glorious light surrounds me.


Like a long lost love You take hold of me,

You vow to never let go of me.  (Hebrews 13:5)

So now I humbly plea,

That You would somehow use me.


With concentrated hands You mold me,

With tenderness You stretch me,

In the fire You strengthen me,

Clay in Your hands I will be.


And though I may never be complete, (Philippians 1:6)

The stretch marks tell the story,

Looking back at the ashtray I used to be,

To now giving God the glory.



Joy Lynn Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback so feel free to leave your thoughts! You can select "Name/URL" if you just want to leave a comment with your name. Thanks for stopping in!