Search This Blog

Sunday, March 29, 2015

At The Cross

At the cross my knees are weak,
All hopes for the future now look bleak,
Our Leader has been crucified,
The blood thirsty opponents pacified.

Days I spent sitting on my hands,
Jesus’ death lost Him many fans.
Together we sat simply vexed,
Asking "what are we to do next?"

I go to the grave to say goodbye,
But that’s when things really go awry,
The tomb is empty, He is not there,
I’m on my knees in total despair.

But He came along and pointed me to the cross,
“There was victory there and not a loss,
For My death paid sins payment you could not bear,
I can live with and in you now, so do not despair.”

At that cross is where the real journey begins,
Where He settled the debt of all our sins,
So tell all the world that that we can be free,
For He came to give hope to you and to me.


Joy Lynn

1 Corinthians 15:3-4
"For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures"


2 Corinthians 5:21
“For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.”

John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback so feel free to leave your thoughts! You can select "Name/URL" if you just want to leave a comment with your name. Thanks for stopping in!