Search This Blog

Monday, October 9, 2017

Continue to Race



So once again I find myself
At the foot of Your throne,
Giving You everything
That I thought I could handle alone.
Though I know Your power,
I’m still independent prone.
I hope that someday soon,
From this I will be outgrown. 

Here’s my heart, Lord,
I lay it down bare.
Rip it apart, Lord,
Leave nothing to spare,
For it's riddled with disease,
It’s caught in a snare,
It’s struggling in life’s waves,
It’s gasping for air. 

Pick it up, Lord,
Breath life anew,
Trapped in these weary bones,
There’s nothing I can do.
Tired of trying to do it on my own,
But that You already knew,
You were simply waiting for my surrender,
Because only You could pull me through.

So until I find my place,
In eternity’s space,
I pray I continually seek You,
Til I see You face to face,
For though the journey is hard now,
You always offer Your embrace,
And though sometimes slow going,
I need to continue to run the race.

 Joy Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback so feel free to leave your thoughts! You can select "Name/URL" if you just want to leave a comment with your name. Thanks for stopping in!