Search This Blog

Saturday, September 30, 2017

Beautifully Free


Please stop and listen,
Repeat after Me,
This ideal dream you have of yourself
Is simply not who I created you to be.

I care not about your makeup 
Or the number on the scale
But I do worry often,
That your confidence is frail.

My beautiful daughter,
Beloved, you are, 
You are created in My image,
You are, in fact, a star…

A star in the way
That light shines from within.
You’ve been illuminating My light
Since the Holy Spirit came in.

So when you look in the mirror,
What do you truly want the world to see?
An altered and carefully manufactured version of you?
Or a life that reflects Me?

The key is that you’re beautiful,
It’s who I created you to be,
Don’t give the idols of comparison control,
Because from these, I've set you free.


Joy Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback so feel free to leave your thoughts! You can select "Name/URL" if you just want to leave a comment with your name. Thanks for stopping in!