Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Forgiveness (October 20, 2017)

Forgiveness: A topic that I have been having on-going conversations with my students about. This was birthed out of the theme God has firmly pressed on my heart lately. 


Forgiveness (October 20, 2017)


What will you do to make amends?

What can you do to make things right again?

Looking at my life that has fallen apart

How on earth can I grant you a brand new start?



The pain you inflicted,

A heart left broken and stricken,

Unless you plead and beg for forgiveness

The bitterness grows in the name of unfinished business.



So here I am, prisoner, to bitter shame,

I suffer from grievous depression and I assign you most the blame.

But what if I can experience true healing,

A wholeness that transcends all feelings?



I don’t possess grace, like God, my Savior,

But with His mercy and strength I seek His favor

In forgiving you without need of amends,

For I, myself, have experienced freedom from God’s forgiveness that has no end. 



Lord, give me healing and let me set them free,

So I will have the freedom to simply be who You created me to be.

Alive in Your presence and washed by Your blood,

Let Your healing and mending descend like a flood.



For holding on to this bitterness has done me no good.

I had to steep deep in Your grace and then I understood,

That forgiveness truly sets the captives free,

So may I willingly extend that grace to others and find healing only found in Thee.



Joy Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback so feel free to leave your thoughts! You can select "Name/URL" if you just want to leave a comment with your name. Thanks for stopping in!