Search This Blog

Monday, July 1, 2013

Songs of Joy


There are several reasons I love Maine….  One would be the hugs….not that Mainer’s are all huggers naturally, but they’ve embraced my Texas hugs and even encourage them.  Second would be that my friends there are so very creative and I want to give you two examples of epic song writing skills that just bring joy to my heart. 


From my first summer in 2007, Adam B. and Matt T. got together and re-wrote the song, “I’ve got joy down in my heart” to this….


“I’ve got Joy, down in my Chambers, deep deep down in my Chambers.

J-O-Y down in my Chambers, deep deep down in my Chambers.

Texas gave her to us, and they can’t have her back..

I’ve got Joy, down in my Chambers, deep deep down in my Chambers.”

 This is Adam sending me a video goodbye in 2007.
Towards the end, he sings the "I've got Joy" song.

Then, this summer of 2013, carrying on the tradition, Emily B. wrote a song based on the lyrics and melody of “Joyful, Joyful.”


“Joyful, Joyful, we adore you

Born in Texas, now in Maine.

You’re our sister

And we love you.

We won’t let them take you back.

You are our Joy

You light our lives up

Thanks to your smile

And Texas hugs.

Joyful, Joyful, we adore you.

I’m so glad you’re here this year.”






From right to left: Emily, Caroline, Sam and I.  It was banquet night hence the nicely dressed ladies, but I worked the dish pit, hence the hat and Team Tebow shirt.
I am blessed to have such a great network of friends in Maine that I’ve gotten to know over the last 6 years, be it near or far away.  I’ll update again soon with how CYIA went but until next time…


In Christ,

Joy Lynn

1 comment:

  1. :) Anytime I hear a song with "joy" in it, I think of you.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and feedback so feel free to leave your thoughts! You can select "Name/URL" if you just want to leave a comment with your name. Thanks for stopping in!