Search This Blog

Sunday, September 10, 2017

A Storms Brewing


I see the dark clouds rolling in,
They swallow up the view,
On every speck of the horizon,
The blue turns to a grey hue.  

I sit on a figurative island,
There is no place to run,
This storm will surely swallow me,
I can only pray for a returning sun.

I’ve walked this life long enough
To know these storms come and go.
God’s light shines bright in the darkest of nights,
Even when it feels like I’m in the midst of a black hole.

So may I rest in Your promises,
May I be anchored in Your love,
Help me find peace in the waves wake,
And keep my eyes on You above.

Joy Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback so feel free to leave your thoughts! You can select "Name/URL" if you just want to leave a comment with your name. Thanks for stopping in!