Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Confidence


I came in to the conversation desperate, hoping you’d somehow know; I was seeking words of affirmation, some simple words of uncoaxed hope.  But you were quickly on your way and out of the room, not only went your presence, but the little confidence I had left turned to utter gloom. 



Why do I give you so much power, you without a name, because it is not one person but a people, who I look to to save face?  Why is my confidence anchored in what you have to say and why is it shattered when it doesn’t go my way?



Dear God, help me take back the power from insecurity and shame.  Help me to seek You, above any other name.  Let Your hope be my anchor for Your promises are sure.  Let my guilt ridden and self-loathing thoughts diminish as I remember and cling to Your grace, love and mercy that endure. 

Joy Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback so feel free to leave your thoughts! You can select "Name/URL" if you just want to leave a comment with your name. Thanks for stopping in!