Search This Blog

Monday, September 18, 2017

How Do I Know?







How do I know?  (September 17, 2017)

You’ve heard it in the stories of old
No matter where in the world you go,
Stories of creation and a worldwide flood,
These stories passed down by generational blood.

You’ve seen it through God’s perfect Son, Jesus Christ,
Who lived a perfect life despite the strife, (Hebrews 14:5; 1 Peter 2:22; 2 Corinthians 5:21)
Performing miracles and offering His blood for salvation, (Hebrews 10:10)
To a broken and sinful human nation.

Not only in life but also in death
He gave every ounce of blood and His very last breath,
But just three days later He rose from the grave, (1 Corinthians 15:3-4)
Conquering sin and death, and proving He alone has the power to save.  (1 Corinthians 15:57)

After His resurrection, His followers did not simply sit on a perch,
For “the blood of the martyrs is the seed of the Church,”
They spoke the Truth and preached repentance,
And for that, so many faced a death sentence.

But now let’s bring it home to how this faith is my own,
Before I went my own way but now God sits on the throne
For His ways are best and His promises are sure,
The Holy Spirit’s leading is what makes me secure.  

Ultimately it is by faith that we are saved, (Romans 2:8-9)
For it was to sin that we were enslaved, (Romans 6:20-23)
But Jesus died on the cross and His blood covers our sin, (Romans 4:25)
And when we trust in His grace, He comes and lives within. 

So next time I’m asked, “how do I know?”
It’s not just because the Bible tells me so…
For His work is evident from the dawning of creation, (Romans 1:20)
And my faith in Jesus Christ is my eternal foundation.  

Joy Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback so feel free to leave your thoughts! You can select "Name/URL" if you just want to leave a comment with your name. Thanks for stopping in!