Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Memories of You


I set out my easel

And prepare my pallet

With various colors of invisible ink

Where I attempt to paint you from memory

Streak by streak



Sweat forms over my brow

As my brain tries to think

Sorting through pictures

And thoughts shared from others

Of who you once were to me



I grab the paint brush

I try to begin

I dip into the ink

Draw a few cascading lines

For the wellspring you were to me



I close my eyes

And continue to paint

Trying to filter

And paint only

What is verifiably true



My heart beats loud

My thoughts are blazing

But my hand is meticulously still

For the fool proof memories

Are evading me still



My session is over

My eyes open

I stare at the canvas with care

I painted every single memory of you

And yet only my shadow can be seen there

Joy Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback so feel free to leave your thoughts! You can select "Name/URL" if you just want to leave a comment with your name. Thanks for stopping in!