Search This Blog

Sunday, July 14, 2019

Lay Down Your Guard


“Hi there,

It’s only me.

Please don’t go away;

I’ll simply be.”



I sit beside you

Let you take lead

Tears fall down your face now

As your heart bleeds


“Let down your guard.

It’ll be ok.

No matter what you lay down;

I won’t run away.”



You start from the beginning

Weave through the threads of life

Take a moment to remember the good times

But also share some of the strife



You splay your heart right open

You share transparently

It’s the first burst of light shone in a dark place

That you’ve guarded inherently 



I gently peel back the onion

Not taking for granted the trust you have shown

And I try to love and point you to Jesus

Where true healing and forgiveness can be known



Know that I see you

You are not alone

And I thank you for sharing

For this is where seeds of true friendship are sown

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback so feel free to leave your thoughts! You can select "Name/URL" if you just want to leave a comment with your name. Thanks for stopping in!